We all enter life as a blank canvas. With love, creativity, and discipline, each of us can become a masterpiece.
Since 1996, Life Pieces To Masterpieces has prepared over 1000 African American boys and young men living in DC’s most underserved neighborhoods to transform their own lives.
2015 – 2016 Outcomes for After School Program (ages 3 – 13)
· 66% of Apprentices in our After-School program improved their grade in Reading. This is a 113% increase from 2013-14!
· 97% of apprentices in our After-School program improved OR maintained their grade in Reading.
· 63% of Apprentices in our After-School program improved their grade in Math. This is a 40% increase from 2013-14!
· 100% of Parents believe that Life Pieces is a safe place for their sons.
· 100% of Parents feel welcomed and respected by staff.
· 96% of Parents say their sons speak positively about their futures.
· 91% of Parents believe their sons are more confident and make better decisions.
· 90% of Apprentices can identify positive male role models.
· 91% of Apprentices say they feel good about their future.
· 78% of Apprentices say they enjoy learning.
2015 – 2016 Outcomes for Saturday Academy (ages 14 – 17)
· For the past 7 years, 100% of the seniors in our Saturday Academy program have graduated from high school and continued on to pursue secondary education or career training programs (compared to the DC graduation rate for Black males).
2015 – 2016 Outcomes for Education Architect (ages 18 – 25)
· 83% of LPTM’s Education Architects passed the ETS Para Professional Exam.
· 100% of LPTM’s Education Architects have decided to pursue a career in education.
Check out our 2015-2016 Annual Report to learn more about our impact.